The FELIWAY® smell reassures the cat and creates a feeling of familiarity and security in stressful situations such as removals, transportation, furniture change, whitening, new arrivals (children or other animals) and noisy environment. It is the analogue of synthesis of facial pheromones used by cats to mark their territory, to feel safe and calm.
Through a gland placed on the chin, cats produce a hormone-based scent, the so-called feline facial pheromones of fraction F3. To control the environment, cats carefully mark their territory using facial marking and releasing these pheromones. This happens every time a cat rubs his muzzle against furniture and walls. In a new environment or in stressful situations these markings may be missing and this can make the cat anxious or even aggressive. This condition can often lead to behavioral changes such as urinary markings, vertical scratches of furniture and walls, through which the cat expresses its anxiety state.
With FELIWAY® spray you can help your cat overcome these stress situations with greater peace of mind. Playing the synthesis of facial pheromones, the wellness hormones, FELIWAY® reports to the cat in a safe and quiet environment.
Spray can be sprayed on the critical points, subjected to scratches and urine markings.
Also with the travel spray you can comfort your cat during trips or visits from the vet. Thanks to the size of its bottle, this spray can be safely put on the bag, to bring you well-being and tranquility anywhere.
All Ceva FELIWAY® spray features:
- synthetic facial pheromone synthesis analogue of fraction F3
- available in the form of spray for the environment and in the practical travel format
- ideally start using FELIWAY® 1 week before the stressful event for the cat and continue using it for at least 4 weeks
- in case of behavioral changes use FELIWAY® even 2 weeks after the end of unwanted behaviors
- also indicated for prolonged use
- reduces stress and creates a feeling of familiarity and safety in the environment, to help the animal deal better with unknown situations
- to prevent behavioral problems related to change and familiarization with a new environment (moving, transporting, staying in a retirement for cats, etc.)
- ideal for urinary markings and scratches
- helps control the reactions due to stressful events and noise sensitivity, creating a feeling of tranquility and safety
- indicated in case of coexistence between several cats
- it has no side effects
- does not cover bad odors
- is not perceived and has no effect on humans
- FELIWAY® does not stain
- FELIWAY® is suitable for all cats, even for sick people
How to use:
- FELIWAY® Spray does not stain, but it is still recommended to spray a small amount and test the reaction on furniture, pads, carpets and walls before using it extensively
- before use, remove the cat from the room to be treated
- shake well before use
- wait 15 minutes before reintroducing the cat into the area treated with FELIWAY®
- in the case of urinary markings, clean the dirty areas using non-perfumed solvents (Caution: do not use scouring detergents containing ammonia, organic or lead-containing detergents which may affect FELIWAY® action). For best results use in combination with FELIWAY® electric diffuser
- in the case of scratches, apply FELIWAY® Spray directly on the marked area by spraying the product 6 times a day
- to prevent scratches and to accustom the cat to new objects, furniture or walls just painted daily use the spray for at least 14 days
- in case of transport stress nebulize 15 minutes before departure, a spray in each of the 4 corners at the base of the carry
- in case of multiple cats use FELIWAY® Spray as described above and nebulize 2 times daily for 45 days
- in case of stressful behavioral and health problems consult a veterinarian or behavioralist
- read the package leaflet before use
- keep out of the reach of children and animals
- if in contact with eyes, mucous membranes and wounds rinse abundantly with water for several minutes and consult a physician
- If the product is swallowed, consult a physician immediately and show the full pack